Terms & Conditions
1. Some Registration Marks are subject to VAT. All Registration Marks sold are subject to Department of Transport fee.
2. It is illegal to display the New Registration Mark before the transfer is completed by The Department of Transport.
3. Vehicles to which registrations are to be transferred to must be taxed and the type that have to have valid MOT or GVT (Goods Vehicle Test) certificates.
4. Prices subject to change without notice. Although Prideofplate.com make every attempt to ensure the prices shown are correct, the occasional mistake can occur due to the large amount of registration marks available and the Registration owner changing the price without informing Prideofplate.com in a timely manner.
5. Unless stated, Prideofplate.com does not own any of the Number Plates listed on the website. All plates are owned by either private sellers or number plate traders.
6. Prideofplate.com will make every effort to ensure that both private sellers and number plate traders are trading in an honest and legal manner. If this is not the case, the company cannot be held responsible for any fraudulent activity, deliberate misuse of this service or human error.
7. A number plate cannot be listed on prideofplate.com without the seller agreeing that they are either the current owner of the plate, have the plate as a stock item, or are selling the plate on behalf of the registered owner.
8. The seller assumes all responsibility for the management of the sale, including payment and full transfer of ownership.
9. A registration can only be assigned to a vehicle registered in or after the period indicated by the registration's year identifier code.
10. Unless stated by the seller, buyers must assume that the price listed is subject to VAT and all relevant costs associated with the purchase and transfer of private number plates
11. You cannot make a vehicle appear younger than it is by changing the registration mark.
Terms & Conditions
12. You may not and must not mis-represent, alter or wrongly space the letters or numbers on a number plate in any way. Doing so would constitute a breach of the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001.
13. Prideofplate.com operates an internal complaints procedure. Any complaints can be made via the contact form on the ‘Contact Us’ section of the website. Alternatively, complaints can be made by emailing email@example.com. We take complaints very seriously and will always respond within one working day.
14. Prideofplate.com will not accept any responsibility for any losses incurred by either buyer or seller under any circumstance.
15. By using prideofplate.com, the purchaser of the number plate also agrees to the Terms & Conditions of the vendor selling the number plate.
16. Your attention is directed to the notes that appear on the current editions of DVLA Forms N0 V750/V778/V778/1/V317 and DVLA booklet INF 46.
17. Prideofplate.com can give no guarantee as to the time period required to find a buyer.
18. Advertisements can only be cancelled or removed by the individual who placed the advert.
19. To cancel or remove an advert, the seller must send an e-mail from e-mail address used to register the prideofplate.com account. This must clearly state the intention to remove the advertisement and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
20. No refund will be issued upon the removal or cancellation of the advertisement, except where the cancellation has been instructed in accordance with the prideofplate.com cancellation policy.
21. It is the sole responsibility of the Purchaser and seller to ensure that all the correct details are entered onto Company forms, both online and physical and submitted or given to prideofplate.com
22. In no circumstances shall prideofplate.com be made responsible for any failed purchases. The Company's liability is strictly limited to a full refund only and no claims for damages; interest on monies paid or any other expenses shall be considered.
Terms & Conditions
23. The Company cannot accept responsibility for delays or errors caused by electronic mail, speed of internet connection, software compatibilities any unforeseen circumstances or any failure or delay on the part of the purchaser.
24. You may amend all details of your advert or valuation once submitted - except the registration number.
25. If you need to amend the registration number due to error- please contact us by emailing email@example.com, clearly stating your User I.D
26. No refund or partial refund will be permitted should your advert be removed as a result of breaching these terms and conditions.
27. Payment for all of our services can be made using all major credit cards via paypal, other payment methods are accepted, if you wish to use another payment method, please contact us.
28. The copyright of materials on this website are the property of prideofplate.com unless otherwise indicated.
29. No verbal conditions or guarantees expressed or implied shall have effect on these terms and conditions unless written and signed by one of the Directors of the Company.
30. This site may contain links to third party sites. These sites are beyond the control of prideofplate.com and we will not accept any responsibility for their content nor for any transactions between you and such sites.
31. The website and its design, graphics, text and software are copyright of prideofplate.com
32. Discounts are offered and executed on an individual and one-off basis. Prideofplate.com reserves the right to withdraw and amend any offers made either verbally or via electronic communication at any time.
33. Should the transfer fail due to the default of the purchaser in any way, including not paying the balance or supplying the necessary documentation, prideofplate.com will not be liable for any payment to the seller, but we will, with their permission, relist their registration mark.
34. Unless expressly agreed and confirmed in writing by a Director of prideofplate.com, all payment must be made in full before a listing can become live on the site.
35. The terms of this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you use the website. Use of our website and services signifies acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
Errors and Omissions Excepted.
In the event that the Company is unable to submit an advert onto the website, and provided that the Purchaser is not responsible for the failure, the Company will refund payment in full.
To cancel a listing, the seller must send an email from the email address used to create their prideofplate.com account. The email subject must clearly state ‘ORDER CANCELLATION’ and the email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Contact:
We aim to provide outstanding customer service. If you experience any problem whatsoever, or have any questions about our product, service or any aspect of the private number plate industry, please contact us using the details below. You can also contact us via the online form, which can be found on the ‘Contact us’ section of our website.
T: 01438 870 412